Communications service providers (CSPs) the world over are in the midst of a transformation unlike anything they have experienced before. Not only are they facing an unprecedented shift in the network architectures that underpin their businesses, as programmable networks and virtual network functions become part of their day-to-day operations, but the supporting IT and back office systems and the culture of their entire organizations need to change too.
Telco Transformation makes sense of these critical developments by offering a unique online community that tracks the way that CSPs are re-inventing themselves to become more agile and competitive organizations that can deliver next generation services and technology to their customers and remain key players in a digital world.
With interactions and engagement with CSP executives at the heart of Telco Transformation's content, the site delivers interviews, guest blogs, video conversations, live radio shows, reader polls, webinars, infographics and more to highlight the transformation underway in five key areas:
- CULTURE -- Communications service providers are changing the way their staff work, seeking new skills and capabilities, and changing the way they organize and structure their human resources. Topics covered in CULTURE include DevOps, applications development, corporate culture, appointments, and the creation of new roles such as Chief Digital Officer.
- BUSINESS MODEL -- Communications service providers are transforming their business strategies and initiatives, introducing new models of engagement with customers and partners -- for example, by striking relationships with Web services/OTT players and enterprises. Topics covered in BUSINESS MODEL include business strategies, partnerships and marketing initiatives.
- DIGITAL OPERATIONS -- Communications service providers are developing strategies and deploying applications, tools and services that enable them to provide improved customer experience through real-time, online interfaces (including social media platforms), enabling customers to make instant, on-demand decisions that suit their immediate needs. Topics covered in DIGITAL OPERATIONS include Big Data analytics, policy control and billing/charging/rating, social media engagement, customer experience management, customer portal development, revenue assurance and data traffic management/inspection.
- ARCHITECTURE -- To remain competitive and profitable in a Web service-oriented world, communications service providers are revamping and upgrading their network, data center and IT infrastructure. Topics covered in ARCHITECTURE include data center developments, virtualization, mobile edge computing, next gen central office/local exchange design, ultra-broadband technologies (mobile, fixed, cable) and video transport and management capabilities.
- SERVICES -- Communications service providers are developing and introducing new services and applications that will transform their product and services portfolios. Topics covered in SERVICES include cloud, IoT/M2M, OTT services, 4K/8K/UHD video, real-time multimedia applications and unified communications.
Telco Transformation also features lively, interactive discussions on its message boards, where some of the key challenges facing CSPs are discussed on a daily basis.
To gain the full benefits of the community and interact with other registered users, sign up here to participate in the radio shows, webinars and message board interactions and to receive our weekly email newsletter, Telco Transformation Update.
If you have a suggestion for the team or want to reach the editors, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Italy's 5G auction could exceed a government target of raising €2.5 billion ($2.9 billion) after attracting interest from companies outside the mobile market.
The emerging-markets operator is focusing on the humdrum business of connectivity and keeping quiet about some of its ill-fated 'digitalization' efforts.
Three UK has picked Huawei over existing radio access network suppliers Nokia and Samsung to build its 5G network.
Vendor says that it's its biggest 5G deal to date.
Verizon skates where the puck is going by waiting for standards-based 5G devices to launch its mobile service in 2019.
Orange has been one of the leading proponents of SDN and NFV. In this Telco Transformation radio show, Orange's John Isch provides some perspective on his company's NFV/SDN journey.
Huawei Network Transformation Seminar
The adoption of virtualization technology and cloud architectures by telecom network operators is now well underway but there is still a long way to go before the transition to an era of Network Functions Cloudification (NFC) is complete.
The Small Cell Forum's CEO Sue Monahan says that small cells will be crucial for indoor 5G coverage, but challenges around business models, siting ...
People, strategy, a strong technology roadmap and new business processes are the key underpinnings of Telstra's digital transformation, COO Robyn ...
Eric Bozich, vice president of products and marketing at CenturyLink, talks about the challenges and opportunities of integrating Level 3 into ...
Epsilon's Mark Daley, director of digital strategy and business development, talks about digital transformation from a wholesale service provider ...
Bill Walker, CenturyLink's director of network architecture, shares his insights on why training isn't enough for IT employees and traditional ...