We brought in a ringer to help select the top-three winners in last month's Telco Transformation caption contest.
Professional cartoonist John Klossner, who drew the cartoon for Telco Transformation's May caption contest, remarked in an email to me that there were "some strong caption entries," so I asked John for his top-three captions. Here are John's winners for the caption contest:
• "Who moved my cheese," by Michelle, third-place
• "All I need now is a bathroom and I'll never have to leave my desk!" by vnewman, second-place
• "The milk is overdue for an update," Joe Stanganelli, first place.
And The Winning Caption Is...
"The milk is overdue for an update."
My attempt to get posters to vote for their favorite caption, and the first-place $100 Amazon Gift Card, once again fell flat due to a lack of votes. It's worth noting that Joe, who won the April caption contest, had four first-place votes, but each vote was for a separate entry. Other first place votes for Joe included:
• "Because mind your business, Kathy, that's why."
• "It's part of our new data-preservation strategy."
• "Your password expired."
The rest of the captions that earned first-place votes were:
• "Does this door make me look unproductive? My manager says there are too many bottlenecks," by Michelle..
• "I thought Raspberry Pi would be easier to maintain than this," by faryl.
• "This helps me stay awake," by freehe.
So to recap the scoring, Joe won $100, vnewman a $75 Amazon Gift Card, and Michelle a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Thanks for all of the entries. We'll get this month's cartoon caption contest up soon.
— Mike Robuck, editor, Telco Transformation